There are a few cookie recipes that I love at Christmas, most of which are from Tanya Bakes and as part of my new years resolutions for 2017 (to bake everything from the book), this weekend, I tried the milk chocolate cookie recipe but added a twist of using bounty instead of just chocolate.
- 2 bounty bars
- 200g unsalted, softened butter
- 300g of caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 325 g of self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoons of desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees Fahrenheit / GM 4.
- Line two trays with baking paper.
- Cut up the bounty into smaller pieces.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together and then add the egg and beat until the mixture is smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and combine fully; then add the chocolate and desiccated coconut and combine.
- Divide the dough into small balls and gently squash them down onto the baking trays. The cookies spread in the oven so be sure to leave plenty of space between the oven.
- Bake for 12-15 mins. Once baked, the will still be soft but will set as they cool down. Place them on a wire rack to cool.
In Tanya’s book she suggests using the cookies as ice-cream sandwiches. To do this, spread some ice-cream onto a completely cooled cookie then place another cold cookie on top.